Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flaming Youth



I was laughing at a pic of Phil Collins that one of my friends posted on Facebook today. The photo shows Phil here with an awesome mullet on one side and some British actor from a new movie "The King's Speech". Whatever. Don't really care about it... but the picture of Phil in the photo is one of the classic one's of him from the early 1980's - back when I'm guessing he guest starred as a drug dealer in Miami Vice.

Phil started in a band in the late 1960's called Flaming Youth... the album I came across last year in a thrift store (yeah, vinyl!) was called Ark2. Classic psych album actually... lots of great grooves, harmonizing and such. I had no idea Phil was in this band actually until I heard a song that had the classic Phil voice carrying through. I flipped the cover over and there he was!

No comments: